Pharmaceutical Raw Materials
We offer full or partial monograph testing of Pharmaceutical Excipients, e.g. fillers, binders, coatings,
disintegrants, antiadherents, etc. Pharmaceutical raw materials of all origins can be analysed, such as
Animal Extracts, Herbal Raw Materials, and
Compendial testing methods used are those of the
USP / NF, and other standard
monographs as requested by the client.
Some of the animal extracts analysed include :-
- Royal Jelly
Some of the types of Herbal Raw Materials analysed include :-
- Flower Extracts, such as Tussilago Extract, etc.
- Fruit Extracts, such as Fruit Oils (Orange, etc), etc.
- Leaf Extracts, such as Ginseng, Cineole, etc.
- Root Extracts, such as Garlic powder, Ipecac, Ginseng, etc.
- Seed Extracts, such as Caraway Oil, Cardamom Oil, etc.
- Stem Extracts, such as Ginger etc.
- Natural Essential Oils, such as Bitter Orange Oil, Eucalyptus Oil, etc.
Some of the types of Pharmaceutical Additives analysed include :-
- Acidulents, such as Ascorbic Acid, Citric Acid, etc.
- Antiadherents, such as Magnesium Stearate, Talc, Starch, etc.
- Anti-Caking Agents, such as Silicon Dioxide (Silica), Bentonite, Cellulose, etc.
- Antimicrobials, such as Sodium Methyl Hydroxybenzoate, Sodium Propyl Hydroxybenzoate, etc.
- Antioxidants, such as Ascorbic Acid, etc.
- Astringents, such as Witch Hazel, etc.
- Binders, such as Sucrose, Starches, Xylitol, etc.
- Coagulants, such as Alginate, Aluminium Sulphate (Sulfate) etc.
- Coatings, such as Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose (HPMC), Shellac, Gelatin, etc.
- Colourants / Dyes, such as Amaranth, Caramel Colour, Anthocyanin, etc.
- Counter Irritant, such as Methyl Salicylate
- Decongestants, such as Menthol Crystals, etc
- Disintegrants, such as Starch, Low-Substituted Hydroxypropyl Cellulose (L-HPC), etc.
- Expectorants, such as Guaifenesin, Squill Extract, etc
- Fillers & Diluent, such as Light Magnesium Carbonate, Calcium Carbonate, etc.
- Flavouring Agents, such as Clove Oil, Peppermint Oil, etc.
- Glidants, such as Talc, Magnesium Carbonate, etc.
- Lubricants, such as Magnesium Stearate, Glycerol, White Soft Paraffin, etc.
- Nutritional Supplements, such as Vitamins, Potassium Glycerophosphate, etc
- Rubefacients, such as Methyl Salicylate, Capsiacin, etc.
- Sweeteners, such as Aspartame, Glucose and Invert syrups.
Salamon & Seaber Ltd.
1st Floor, 2-8 Beaumont Grove,
London. E1 4NQ
is a registered company in England & Wales, number 1475631
+44 (0)20 7791 2392
+44 (0)20 7791 3033
Providing independence, impartiality, integrity, and reliability since 1910.